Monday, May 16, 2011

Ghosts of Disney Past- 1992 to 2005


So I got lazy and just threw the rest of them together. 
In 2005, my family went to Europe and went from England to France to Belgium to Italy.  It was awesome, but halfway through we (meaning me and my little brother) were museum-ed and history-ed out.  We were in Paris and staying at a really awesome hotel that was castle themed that was on Disneyland Paris and everyday we walked by the parks to go to Paris.  So mom caved and let us go to Magic Kingdom on our last day.  It was cold and overcast, but we were thrilled (or at least I was).  Come to find out that Europe has pretty nifty rides in their Magic Kingdom like the Indiana Jones roller coaster and a upscale Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion as well as an upgraded Space Mountain. 

Sleeping Beauty's Castle at Magic Kingdom Disneyland Paris- Supposedly Cinderella's Castle was off limits because it was based on a castle in Germany and that presented a problem.  I would what Prince Phillip thinks of his home being entirely pink and robins egg blue?

The most excellent Space Mountain 2 that shot you off into space and twisted and spun you everywhere.  It is a step up from the Disney World one, but the only downside is you have to listen to annoying people bash the USA in English just because they know they can speak the only language you know.

Indiana Jones ride, which also took you upside down
... and Teacups!
 In sometime during middle school and before my first band trip, we went as a family to Disney World to fully appreciate it before my brother was too old for it.  I clearly never grew up because I am going back down in ten days!

Teacups again, but in the USA

Mom and I were excited to see Belle, but Kyle wasn't so much.
 Before that we went in 1995 because I had an uncle get married and you can't take an enormous amount of young cousins to Florida without making a pit stop at Disney World.

Me and my cousins waited in line just for Mickey
So I reach the first time I went to Disney World.  I know that I went out of order and backwards and that is just weird.  I searched through my mom's photo albums to find these last pictures so it was necessary.  It was 1992 and I was little.  I don't remember too much about this trip besides what I am told.  Supposedly I was sick at one point and was frightened by the trolls on the Norway Pavilion in Epcot so my parents were plagued with riding "It's a Small World" over and over again.  Plus, I was terrified of Mickey and pretty much anyone that was dressed up.

Me, my mom, and some scary 'dog-thing'

Let's ignore the fact that I had an imaginary friend called Minnie, but suddenly she is huge!  At least dad is having fun.
To be honest, I think the reason I got the Character Attendant role was my story about being terrified as a child of all the characters.  How is that for irony? 
So that is all my Disney World memories.  If I were to actually say all of them I would be still typing on January 3rd and no one really wants to read about all that. 






No comments:

Post a Comment