Sunday, May 22, 2011

[Insert Travelling Pun Here]

I finally made it to Orlando.
Window Seat!
I am not trying to be artsy or clever.  I am legitimately entertained by looking out the window of airplanes for two hours.

And look who greeted me!

Like a lot of the CPers (college program interns) that stay the night near Disney before check-in, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista.  If anyone who plans to do the Disney College Program and stay at this hotel stumbles upon my blog, please note:  MEARS TAKES YOU DIRECTLY TO THIS HOTEL!!!!  That was my problem, finding a way to get from the airport to the hotel.  My driver was pretty awesome, too.  He was a retired Greyhound driver and gave me tips on what roads to know and where important Orlando landmarks are.  There were also two women who were kind enough to entertain me.  So disaster averted thanks to a handful of people that aren't me, including my mother and father who had to look up phone numbers and directions. Thanks.
The view from my window
So what is a person to do when they have an afternoon to themselves in Orlando, FL?  Examine their room and then promptly fall asleep to Marlon Brando trying to sing Luck be a Lady.  I know... wild and crazy, right?  To be honest, I was exhausted and that Diet Coke at the airport had already gone through my system.  Plus, look at those pillows!
That is a hippo on my pillow
Tomorrow is my first day and I am somewhere between apprehensive and really excited, but I can't wait to get those Mickey Mouse name tags I keep seeing everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment